Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who's The Nutcase Now?

Ben definitely doesn't talk like he's only 4 years old. He's got a pretty full vocabulary that he seems to have no problem sharing. It includes lots of phrases that are totally normal but are absolutely hysterical coming out of a 4 year old's mouth. Some examples:

"Let me tell you something..."

"Are you crazy?!"

"You're a nutcase!"

"Actually..."

"First of all..."

"Second of all..."

This morning (and come to think of it, the last few mornings) when I walk him into his classroom at school he almost immediately asks me when I'm leaving. It's not because he wants me to stay. Oh no. My kid wants me to LEAVE, and he wants me to do it NOW. It's actually kind of funny. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled that he wants to be at school and doesn't feel the need for me to stick around - but he's actually trying to get rid of me. It'll be really interesting to see what happens as he gets older. He'll probably tell me to slow down when I get to Warson Road so that he can jump out of the moving car and head onto campus by himself.

No comments: