Thursday, October 30, 2008

Not Much Going On

There's not much going on this week which is just fine with me. Ben had an appointment yesterday morning with the pulmonologist at his doctor's request, and his test for asthma came back normal so there's no asthma which is a good thing (and no real surprise). He's going Monday for a sweat test and to an appointment with the endocrinologist to check his growth. None of this is that big of a deal. He's perfectly healthy and doing just fine. He did get a flu shot yesterday as well as had his blood drawn. Let's just say that Ben does NOT like "pokes" as he calls shots and needles. The poor thing was just devastated by all of the needles. The bandaid from the blood draw fell off at school, but the bandaid from the flu shot will undoubtedly remain on his arm for many, many weeks like (just like the bandaid from his shots did this summer at his 4 year old check up). I don't have the heart to tell him that he's probably going to have more blood drawn on Monday for tests by the endocrinologist. I went to Wal-Mart this morning after I took him to school to buy my big brave boy a few little rewards. I bought him a Diego game for his Leapster for yesterday's bravery, and I got a couple more small goodies to give him on Monday after his long day.

Other than that there's really not much to report. My dad (or Ga as Ben calls him) comes back from Europe tonight. Tomorrow is Halloween. Ben is still planning on being a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle although last night he told me he didn't want to go trick or treating so we'll see if he really meant that or not. This weekend are also the two final soccer games of the season so that should be fun. The kids are all so cute out there on the field and the sidelines!