Monday, October 6, 2008

Last Weekend, Etc.

This last weekend was a pretty busy one for Ben. Saturday morning we attended Harper's 5th birthday party at The Sugar Shack in Kirkwood (Harper's a girl in his class at MICDS) then he and I headed down to the Kirkwood Farmer's Market for our annual pilgrimage to pick up some pumpkins. It's a tradition that I started the year that he was born. I've taken him there every fall for pumpkins - even if it's just a baby pumpkin (this year it was 2 large and 6 small). It's also always a great spot for some pretty fall/pumpkin pictures.




We chilled out at home the rest of the day, and that night he and I had a date at Noodles & Co. where he ate some plain buttered noodles and some of the mac and cheese that I got with the hopes that he would try it (and it got a "Yum" from Ben - the highest culinary rating a 4 year old can give something). Sunday morning my Uncle Neil (my mother's younger brother) and his friend Riva drove in from Centralia, IL, where he was in town attending a high school reunion (he currently is splitting his time between New York and California). We had lunch together before Ben and I had to head to his soccer game.


It was another fun weekend on the soccer field! It's more like swarmball than soccer, but that's okay. The kids seem to have a good time. Ben seemed to enjoy chasing Audrey and Anna around on the sidelines more than the time that he spent on the field, but that's okay (he was a puma, and they were kitty cats).

Afterwards we hung out, watched some Noggin and eventually headed to dinner at the Trainwreck Saloon in Rock Hill where Ben proceeded to sleep through the whole thing (He'd been coughing a lot for two days at this point and just sort of passed out on me in the booth. At one point before he fell asleep he told me to stop eating because it was making him cough.). When we got home he was awake long enough to scarf down two slices of American cheese and a bunch of blueberries before sleeping for 13 hours. I told him last night that he probably wouldn't go to school today (see the 'Sick Again' entry), and he was so cute. He wanted to go to school so badly! It just wasn't a good idea for him today.
Last week I went to MICDS and talked to both JK classes about Rosh Hashanah. I brought books for both classes' libraries, read a story to the kids and brought apples and honey for their morning snack. That's about all that's gone on with us lately. So now everyone is all caught up!

No comments: