Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

This post isn't directly about Ben, but it is about Ben's future. Today is a very important day in our nation's history. Today we we are watching history in the making, and it's very exciting. On the way to school I told Ben what an important day it is and how one day when he's a teenager he'll be reading about it in his textbooks. He proceeded to tell me (yet again) that "Senator Barack Obama won!" At least that's what they've been telling him on the Noggin Channel (Nickelodeon's preschool channel). Nickelodeon did a "Kids Pick the President" poll, and Senator Obama did win that. Ben also tells me that John McCain runs Noggin. Obviously he doesn't quite get it, but one day he will. It's great that they're trying to educate even the youngest kids. After I dropped Ben off at school I went and voted. I was in and out in just under half an hour so it wasn't that bad. I was number 226 at my polling place when I got up to the table around 8:20ish. If you haven't voted yet, please do! It doesn't matter who you vote for; it only matters that you vote.

1 comment:

Mom in the Mitten said...

I was 527 when I voted at 6pmish
I also got in and out in under 30 mins.