Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome to the New Blog!

I've been so delinquent at updating Ben's website (http://www.benjamingreenberg.com/) that I've decided to try this blogging thing for awhile. Maybe I'll be more likely to keep everyone posted on what's going on in Ben's life (and the life of his family). Everyone else on the planet seems to have a blog so why not Ben too?

A quick update to catch you up with what's going on with Ben right now:

Ben spent the last school year at Hope Montessori in Room 1. He loved it and so did we. He had a really fantastic year and learned so much! He continued gym classes at both My Gym and Little Gym throughout the school year. In the fall he did a parent/child soccer program and in the spring he did a parent/child baseball program, both at the JCC. He and I went to Florida three times over the winter to visit Ga (what Ben calls my dad) as well as last summer and again this summer. Ben stayed at Hope Montessori for camp all summer and had a blast! We took a quick jaunt to Indiana in mid-June to Holiday World and had a fabulous time. We spent 10 solid hours there (from park opening to park closing) and still didn't get to everything. We'll definitely have to go back next summer for at least two days.

This morning Ben went to orientation at his new school MICDS where he'll be in Junior Kindergarten. It's an amazing prep school where Ben can theoretically stay until college (keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't get kicked out between now and then). His new teacher is Mr. Wuertz, and he seems awesome. There are 13 kids in his class (as well as another JK section about the same size), and the kids are all so cute! After the orientation there was a JK 'welcome back to school' party on the playground complete with Krispy Kremes and juice boxes. School starts for real on Wednesday and consists of half days until the following Wednesday so that the kids can get used to school which I think is a great idea. School starts at 8 am four mornings a week and 9 am on Wednesdays, and my understanding is that drop off and pick up are nightmares. It's going to be a serious challenge to get us up and there on time every single school day for the next 14 years (ugh!), but it'll all be worth it...or so they tell me! Here are some pictures I took this morning at school:



The good thing about this blog is that I should be able to pop on and quickly post things so be sure to check back often. I promise to be better about updating this than I have been about his website!


1 comment:

Mom in the Mitten said...

Hi handome Ben. I am so proude of you and happy for you. Hugs from Jason, Lisa, Brooke and Tovah